Saturday, March 18, 2017

Keto Diet Body Re-composition Report 1

Height


5'8"

Starting Statistics


Date - March 3, 2017
Weight - 162.4 Pounds
Body Fat % - 18.4%
Lean Mass - 132.5 Pounds
Fat Mass - 29.9 Pounds

Today's Statistics

Date - March 17, 2017
Weight - 159 Pounds
Body Fat % - 17.8%
Lean Mass - 128.9 Pounds
Fat Mass - 28.1 Pounds

What Happened These Past 2 Weeks

It's been about 2 weeks since I started the keto diet and I'm noticeably thinner than I was before. I've already gotten compliments on how much thinner I look! Which is surprising for me since normally when I change any fitness or diet regimen that I'm on no one notices.

I had been doing the Candito Linear Programming (link is PDF) by Jonnie Candito for about 3 months prior to the diet. During that time I was using a slow carb diet and was steadily gaining mass. I wasn't tracking my nutrition very well but I had been getting much fitter. 

I switch to keto to see if I can "clean bulk" as some would call it. I found myself actually losing both muscle and fat mass. I can lift heavier than I was lifting before, but I find it much more difficult to do heavy lifts.

I suspect that I'm not eating enough protein. Currently I eat 1.5 Grams per KG of lean mass. It comes out to around 87 to 94 grams of protein per day. On work out days I'll start eating 2 Grams of protein per pound of body weight while keeping the same proportion of fats. 70% fat to 25% protein and 5% carbs. Hopefully I'll see some fat loss and lean mass gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment